Macapuno Tart

Macapuno Tart

Today, I will be sharing another recipe. Its been a while since I wrote something here. I was so busy with my life, and work. 

Today I didn't go to work because I hurt my back and gives a sharp pain when I move so I decided to stay back at home to rest but I am not used to stay at home lying in my bed and watch television all day. Since my back is hurting I cant walk that far to do shopping, I thought of something that would able to entertain myself while my partner is at work. I decided to check in the kitchen what will I have for lunch. Then when I opened our pantry I found a bottle of macapuno I check the expiration date and oh no! its nearly to expire so at first I thought of making some ube macapuno cake, so I needed to check the asian shop if they got frozen ube, I it wont work for me I will just hurt myself from walking. So browse the internet of ideas that I can make to make use of the macapuno. I found in my instagram feed a macapuno tart. So maybe this one will work, less ingredients and less movement for me. This one taste so good.
I hope you can give it a try.



Here is the recipe:

I use sweet short crust pastry recipe from the back of the box of the plain flour that I got.

For the Crust:

2 1/2 cup of Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of white vinegar
100g cool diced butter
1 egg
1/2 cup water

For Filling:

3 egg yolk
75 g sugar
100g thickened cream
260g full cream milk
1 tablespoon corn flour 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 bottle of macapuno

Procedure:

1.  Preheat the oven  to 350 F. Prepare your tart pan.
     You may use muffin pan.

2.  I use food processor to make my crust. 
     Place the flour, salt, butter and vinegar into a food processor. Process to combine until 
     the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Mix in the egg and just add enough water to bring 
     the mixture together as dough. Knead lightly and shape dough into a disc, cover with 
     cling wrap and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
     By hand:
     In a large bowl stir in together the flour, salt, egg, and  vinegar. Using the pasty cutter or
     two knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until the texture resembles coarse 
     cornmeal, with butter pieces no larger that small peas. Add water gradually just until
     the dough pulls together. Transfer the dough to a work space, pat into a ball and flatten          into a disk, wrap and put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.

4. While the dough is chilling, you can work on the custard filling, combine all ingredients   
     except for vanilla and macapuno, in a sauce pan and cook over low heat until thick and 
     slightly dry. Remove from the heat and add up the vanilla, stir until well combined and 
     set it aside.

5. Take out the dough from the fridge, form a log and divide into 12 pieces. Put one piece of 
     the dough into a muffin cup or tart pan, press the sides and bottom. Using a fork prick 
     the bottom of each pastry. ( I blind bake my crust for 10 minutes in a preheated oven of  
     160 C. I found in some tutorials can you can bake it straight with fillings)

6. Divide the macapuno equally to each pastry and pour the custard mixture on the top, and
     ans bake for about 20-25 minutes.


I hope you will give this a try. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook