Tropical Layered Smoothie

Tropical Layered Smoothie





Summer is already over here in Australia, but in Philippines (from where I came from) its peak summer. I saw a lot of my Facebook friends posting mangoes. Mangoes season in Philippines. Oh my goodness, it makes me drool. Mango is one of my favourite. Before I migrated here in Australia few years ago I planted at least five mango tree, and I can’t wait to taste the fruit.
I can still remember the day when I fell in the mango tree. Hahaha! It shows how I love mango. I remember when its mango season you don’t have to buy mango if you don’t own a mango tree you can ask your neighbour and they will be happily give how much you can take. Life had been so simple. You can have a meal even without spending a penny and you are 100% sure you eat organic foods.

Another fruit favourite fruit that inspire me to make this smoothie is Pineapple. I love pineapple a lot. I can eat one whole pineapple every day.  I always wanted to own a house with a big backyard, I can plant all fruits and vegetables that I want.

I aside from fruits I also added some spinach into it. Using my mums old trick, hiding veggies. Anyone agree to it that is effective.
Lets get started:

Ingredients you need:
1 cup diced mango, ( I used frozen one)
1 ½ cup frozen strawberries
2 banana’s peeled and slice
1 cup pineapple chunk
1 ½ cup spinach
1 cup of coconut milk or any milk of your choice.

The night before, you might need to freeze the fruits. Put in the bag mango and strawberry together as the well make the red layer and combine banana’s, and pineapple chunk in the bag to freeze.

When you’re ready, throw the frozen strawberry and mango in the blender/food processor and at least ¼ cup of milk, blend it. Add a bit of a milk until reach the desired consistency. Transfer the puree in a glass container and pop in on the fridge while you are preparing the green layer.
Wash your blender. Throw the remaining ingredients (banana, pineapple and spinach). Add the remaining milk. Blend and add a bit of a milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
Take out the red smoothie from the fridge. Assemble it any style you want. I did mine as spoonful of red layer and then green layer until I full my glass.


Enjoy!




Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook