Avocado Tart

Avocado Chocolate Tart



I love baking, you don’t have an idea of how much I love it. I wish I can still change my profession but I think it’s a little bit too late.
This avocado tart made me realised that I can still make treats in clean and healthy way. I had so many issues in my health lately, I eat a lot of rubbish. During the Lenten Season, in our religion (Roman Catholic) it’s about fasting and abstinence, for 40 days every Friday meat is not allowed. I raised in a very religious way, every year I do no Meat Fridays during the Lent.
These year on Black Saturday, (which they call Easter Saturday here in Australia) me and my partner decided to go somewhere. Since that day I am not allowed to eat meat, we keep walking finding something to eat. Then we passed by a shop selling vegan treats. My partner told me that he wants something like that. I am not sure if he is aware that the one he is pointing is a vegan treats. So, I took a photo of it, for me to remember the names. When we get home, I was browsing the photos I took, and found out that those were a Vegan treat and one of them is avocado chocolate tart. Hmmmm. I love avocado and he loves chocolate why don’t I give it a try.
I tried searching in internet if I can find some recipe I found at least hundreds of recipes. After seeing it I wanted to modify something that suites my taste buds.

Ready to try:
Adapted from: Peaceful Cuisine
Ingredients:
For the Crust:
50g of nuts (I used cashews, walnuts and almonds)
50g of coconut flakes
30g Sweeter (I used maple syrup, honey if not vegan)
1-2 tsp of chia seed or flax seed

Combine all ingredients into your food processor. Pulse it until well combined. Transfer it to your cake tin or tart pan, I put a cling warp so that it would be easy to take out. Using your clean hand evenly press the crumb on the bottom and side of the pan.
While preparing the avocado chocolate filling, put the crust in the fridge to set.
For the filling.
200g Avocado Pitted and seed removed
60g Sweetener
40g cacao powder
20g coconut oil
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of cinnamon powder

Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combine. Scrape down the sides every now and then. Transfer it to the prepared crust. Put it on the fridge for 2-3 hours or until the filling had set. And Enjoy.







Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook