Kababayan Bread (Filipino Muffin)

Kababayan Bread (Filipino Muffin)


Soft, delicious and easy to make Filipino Muffins. 


Kababayan is very popular in Philippines and being sold in bakery. When I was a kid this is one of my favourite merienda (afternoon snack).  I always wanted to bake some of the bread that are being sold in the bakery, because I feel that when I tasted it makes me like walking in the memory lane of my childhood. 

Today, was one of those days that I terribly missing home. It makes me feel like wrapping all my belongings and board on the plane and fly home.
 I just needed something to destruct myself. Breathe in, Breathe out and Bake!

I came across  this site while looking up online for Filipino bread recipes.  I made few adjustment the baking time. 

Here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 tbsp vanilla extract
yellow food coloring (optional)
melted butter for greasing the pan
sugar for sprinkling  ( optional) 

Procedure:

  1. Preheat the oven for 350 F. Grease a muffin tray with melted butter and set it aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. 
  3. In a separate bowl combine all your wet ingredients, eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Stir well. (Add the food coloring ans stir until the desired yellow color)
  4. Pour the wet ingredients onto your dry ingredients, mix well until well combined. 
  5. Transfer the mixture into the prepared muffin pans until half -full.
  6. Bake on the preheated oven of 350 F for 10 - 13 minutes or until the sides had browned. 
  7. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar if desired. 
  8. Remove from the pan and let it cool on wire rack completely. 
  9. Enjoy! 

Other Recipe that you may like:

Banana Bread
Sweet Potato Oatmeal Muffin
Baked Doughnuts





Comments

  1. I like so much. personally I made kababayan bread and here is my recipe - https://cookmefoods.com/kababayan-bread/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook