Iced Gems

Iced Gems


Perfect snacks for children and young at hearts. 
Iced gems are perfect for parties, You can fill up a vase and they can be 
a colourful centerpiece. 

Iced gems was one of my childhood favourite, I remember the times that I'm just eating the icing part and leave the biscuits part for my mother to eat. 

Yesterday, I went to the Asian shop and saw a lady holding a packet of iced gems, my heart jump for joy,  so I hurriedly went to the biscuit aisle and search for it. But I it was all sold out. I went home thinking about the iced gems. 

I googled if there is any recipe available, but all I found was using royal icing. 

I just decided to use meringue instead of making royal icing. 

The biscuit part is buttery and crunchy. 

This is super easy and simple to make.



Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

Cookies

50 grams butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 tablespoon milk powder
1/2 cup cake flour

Meringue

1 egg white
1/2 cup sugar
food colour

Procedure:
  • In a medium bowl with a hand held mixer, or in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Stir in the egg yolk, mix until well combined. Add the flour and milk powder, mix well. 
  • Transfer the dough in a smaller container. Cover with cling wrap (so it wont dry out) put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill. 
  • Preheat oven to 150 F. Take out the dough from the fridge and form a small circle. Bake for 15 minutes at 150 F. 
  • While the cookie is still baking. Make the Meringue. Whisk one egg white until frothy. Add the sugar and continue whisking until stiff peak. Put a food colouring if desired. Transfer the meringue in a piping bag with an open star tip. 
  • Take out the cookie from the oven and start piping the meringue on top of each cookie.
  • Lower the oven temperature to 100 F. Bake the Iced gems for 1 hour at 100 F. 
  • Enjoy!



Other Recipe that you may like:
Coconut Tapioca Mini Cookies
Cinnamon roll Cookie
3 Ingredients Oatmeal Cookie


Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook