Better Than Starbucks Copycat Iced Lemon Loaf

Better Than Starbucks Copycat 
Iced Lemon Loaf


Easy one bowl whisk together lemon loaf. Soft, light, moist and delicious.
The cake itself is perfect lemony and lemon glaze boost the lemon flavour.


Every time I go to Starbucks I always look for a lemon loaf cake. I am addicted to that, it is full of lemon flavour, moist, dense and rich. If you ever tried you know how good it is. 

Since I started to learn how to bake, I always wanted to make a copycat of baked goods that I already tasted. Lemon Loaf was always on my list, and believe me I tried so many recipes that I found online but they are just fine.

I woke up a bit early today, its a bit weird when you woke at 5 am on Saturdays. I always wanted to stay in bed until afternoon but it never happens. So I spend an hour trying to read recipes online if I can something that worth a try. And then found this one, I made adjustment as I always wanted something that is easy to make. She uses a yellow pudding mix, I don't have it so I omitted it. 

The loaf that I made today, is soft, light, moist and full of lemon flavours. 



Here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:

3 large eggs
1 cup granulate sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoon lemon extract ( not lemon juice, not lemon oil)
2 tablespoon lemon zest
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Lemon Glaze

3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar

Procedure: 

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan line the bottom with a parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and sour cream until smooth and well combined. 
  3. Add the oil and continue whisking. Add lemon zest and the lemon extract and whisk until well combined.
  4. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. 
  5. Transfer the batter to a prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top using using a spatula.
  6. Bake in the preheated oven of 350F for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. 
  7. Allow loaf to cool in a pan for at least 30 minutes before turning out onto the rack to cool down completely. 
  8. Prepare the lemon glaze. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice and powdered sugar together until smooth. You may need to play a bit to achieve the desired consistency and taste you like.  If it runny add a bit more of powdered sugar, and too sticky add a little bit of lemon juice.
  9. Drizzle the glaze on the top of the lemon loaf before slicing and serving. 
  10. Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook