Keto Dinner Roll

Keto Dinner Roll

These are easy to make keto friendly dinner rolls, help to replace bread 
in your low carb lifestyle.


Bread.

Is one of the hardiest food to give up. 

Actually I'm not doing a keto diet/lifestyle but it looks like I will be doing it. 

Few months ago I was told by my doctor that I developed a gluten intolerance, so she asked me to give up anything that contain wheat, barley, and rye. But I am that hard headed patient. I try giving it up on the first few weeks and started eating gluten again. 

Last week I fall sick I got a terrible migraine that last for days, I wasn't able to go to work and today woke up with a severe psoriasis on my face. I was like freaking out. I went again to see my doctor and she scolded me for being so hard headed. 

She reminded me like million of times to cut of gluten from now on. 

I feel like heart broken, I just found the love for baking just few years ago and I was enjoying it, my kitchen is my happy place. If am going to completely give up gluten will I give up my love for baking as well? 

I think so many times and weigh things out. Baking using gluten free is more expensive but I think it is more expensive going back to the doctor and not able to go to work for days if I fall sick. 

I gather myself and research what are the things that I can do and I found about keto diet. Keto is cutting back carbohydrate from your diet, and most of them were gluten free. I told myself its not really bad, all I have to do is think outside from the traditional baking. 

From now on this blog will be more on healthier baking! 

Lets start with this dinner roll.

The recipe is easy and very simple to make, completely delicious and very filling. The rolls can be eaten by themselves or used as anything from hamburger bun to mini pizza crust. 

Here is the recipe for you to try.

Ingredients: 

1 cup mozzarella, shredded
1 oz cream cheese
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 egg 
1/2 tsp baking soda

Procedure:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 F
  2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside
  3. In a medium bowl, melt cream cheese and mozzarella together in microwave for at least 1 minute with 30 seconds interval. Stir together until smooth, cool down a bit and add egg and stir until well combined.
  4. In separate bowl combine almond flour, ground flax seed, and baking soda.
  5. Mix cheese and egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until dough forms soft ball. 
  6. Using wet hands, gently roll dough into six balls. Roll tops in sesame seeds if desired and place onto lined baking sheet. 
  7. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
  8. Let it cool for 15 minutes. 
  9. Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook