Baked Leche Flan Recipe

Baked Leche Flan Recipe



This recipe has been so special to me. I made this couple of days ago, it was my moms death anniversary. When I was a kid we used to like this dessert but no matter what my mom try to do it she cant get it right. She even asked few people to give her tutorial but unfortunately it doesn't turn nice and creamy. 

I also tired a lot of recipe for leche flan but there is something I am looking for. I didn't really planned to make it on the day of my moms death anniversary, because on that day I feel that I don't really want to go to work or do anything. I don't really know how to explain.

But since I am feel lonely on that day, I was thinking to make it more productive and make her proud of me. Now that I am able to make this favourite dessert of ours I hope I make her smile!

On that weekend I bought a tray of an egg and I cant remember what I am doing to do with an egg and I found out that there's bunch of egg in our fridge and cant find any space to store it and I don't want egg to sit long in a room temperature. 

I thought I should give a try making a baked leche flan, because I dont have a steamer and I don't have a Llanera. So I have to make widen my imagination and use what ever I have in the kitchen. I actually read a blog before about baked leche flan. I tried few years ago to do it an disposable aluminum tin and it turns out well. But this time I used my 7.5 inch round aluminum cake tin. 



Ready to try?

Here is my recipe. 

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar 
1/4 cup water
8 egg yolks ( from large eggs)
1 can (375 ml) evaporated milk
1 can ( 400g) condensed milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest or vanilla extract


Procedure:

  1. In a saucepan combine water and sugar using a low fire. Mix thoroughly until the sugar turns into a liquid caramel having a light brown color. Transfer the caramel to your desire pan. Spread the caramel evenly  on the flat side of the pan. Let it cool. 
  2. Separate the yolk from the egg white. Place the yolk in a big bowl then stir them using fork. Add condensed milk and mix until well combine. Pour the evaporate milk and lemon zest. Mix well. Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
  3. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and arrange in a wide oven safe dish with about an inch of hot water ( water bath). Bake in a preheated oven of 375 F for about 50-60 minutes or until the inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and put in the fridge to set. ( I left mine in the fridge overnight). To serve, run a small knife on the side and turn flan over on a serving plate with the caramel on the top. 


Tip:    I forgot to use cheesecloth ( actually I don't have one) to strain the egg             mixture. Strain it before putting on your pan.
             Gently stir the egg mixture in circular motion to prevent bubbles. That is 
          secret to smooth and creamy leche flan.


Enjoy!!



Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook