Kale, Mixed Berries and Mango Smoothie

Kale, Mixed Berries, and Mango Smoothie



I always wanted to start my day with a smoothie. Something about that fresh fruits that wakes up my taste buds and helps with my other senses.

Mango is one of my favourite fruit back home. I remember the days when I used to climbed mango tree. (That was fun!) and aside from that hmmmm.. i fell down on mango tree. hehehe! Those were the days.

Since mango is not yet in season ( I made this last winter and cant wait for summer to get more fresh mangoes), I can only get prepacked frozen mangoes. It says organic frozen mango and I am hoping so.. Berries are in season, so I got them cheaper. Berries should also be part of our diet because they are loaded with vitamins, minerals, and fiber, plus they are rich in antioxidant that can protect your cells from free radical damage. And best of all, they are low in calories, so they are perfect for weight-watching diets.

Lastly I added some green for my smoothie I choose kale because it is a good source of vitamin B6, dietary fiber, calcium, potassium, vitamin E, vitamin B2, iron, magnesium, vitamin B1, omega 3 fatty acids phosphorus, protein, folate and niacin.

So these smoothie is loaded of nutrients and minerals that needed by your body.

Are you ready to treat  yourself with a refreshing drink?

Ingredients:

1 cup of frozen mixed berries
1 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup milk ( you can use yogurt)
1-2 cups of kale


Procedure:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender at high speed until smooth.

Note: I added mine with 1/2 tablespoon of honey to give some sweet taste.



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook