Banana Carrot Walnut Loaf

Banana Carrot Walnut Loaf






Today I found again two rotten bananas lying on the fridge and they are all black, I was thinking to just toss them in the bin. I was been scolded so many times about wasting food by my partner. So I'll better make something out of it before I will get scolded. Hahaha!

I was bored of the same recipe all over again, so this time I wanted to try something new and healthy. I found bunch of carrots, and walnuts. I was wondering if carrot and banana will work well together. First I searched in google if carrots and banana works well as I don't want to waste my ingredients.

And this what I got.





I was so happy that I am able to achieve the crack.





It was crunchy on the top but moist inside.

The blog was been posted in 2016 as my first ever blog. That time I only made this for myself easy access to all the recipe that I am making. 
I wanted to update it today (7/1/2018)and post some pictures. The pictures was taken yesterday, I made a healthier version. I have been using stevia for my morning coffee, so I thought of why not trying it out using with baked goods. 
I did a research on how stevia works in baking. See notes below. 

Are you ready to try it?

Here are the ingredients and Procedure. 


Ingredients:

2 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon stevia powdered extract or 1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup mashed banana 
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup chopped walnuts

Procedure:

1. Preheat your oven to 350F. Greased 9 in by 5 in loaf pan. I put      parchment paper at the bottom.
2. In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda,    cinnamon, nutmeg).
3. In a large bowl combine stevia (sugar) and oil until well           blended. Add eggs and continue whisking until smooth
4. Stir in dry ingredients and banana mashed alternately in two        batches until well incorporated.
5. Fold in carrots and walnuts. Transfer to a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350F for about 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick            inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Let it cool for about 10 minutes in a wire rack before removing      from the pan

Note: 
Just use 1 cup of granulated sugar if you dont have stevia. 
I leave mine in the fridge for a day before slicing it. The         colour of the bread becomes more dominant. 
When baking with sugar substitute the loaf is a bit drier and denser compared with using a granulated sugar. 
Baking using natural sweetener may impart an aftertaste, some people may notice it. 
The natural sweeter may not provide the same color(browning effect) as the granulated sugar.
Baking time may vary depending on the oven, start checking after 55 minutes


Enjoy!!








Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook