Brazo de Mercedes Cuppies

Brazo de  Mercedes Cuppies

I made this recipe a couple of months ago, because I am craving of some authentic Filipino dessert. But will take me an 1 hour and 30 minutes drive to a Filipino shop. So I decided to make something that will satisfy my cravings. While searching in a google I saw photos of Brazo de mercedes roll, and immediately reminds me of the taste of brazo de mercedes of goldilocks. Hhhhhmmmm Yummy!!

So I decided to prepare my ingredients, but there's something in my mind telling me that what if it fails? All the ingredients will gone to waste. What if I am not able to achieve the stiffness of meringue. Again I seat in front my Ipad and watches video tutorials. After an hour of watching I finally decided that I will make it as a cupcake instead of a roll. 

Taaaddaa! Presenting my Brazo de Mercedes in a cup.





Isn't it looks yummy!! ( I didn't sprinkled powdered sugar on top because it will be too sweet for me, you can sprinkle sugar on top to make it more beautiful and attractive.)

If you are like me who is craving for these yummy treats but scared to try. I make these recipe much more easier to follow.

Ready to try?

Adapted from: Aikko of  Bake Happy

Ingredients:

For Meringue:

10 egg whites
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract

For Custard filling

10 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cornstarch
300 ml condensed milk
300 ml water

Procedure:

  1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix until the cornstarch is completely dissolve.
  2. Combine your egg yolks and vanilla until incorporated.
  3. In a saucepan, pour the condensed with a low heat.
  4. While the milk is not too hot add your water and cornstarch mixture. Using wire whisk, mix it until well incorporated. Then add your egg yolk make sure you continue mixing it or else it will become a sweetened scrambled eggs. It will take you about 10 minutes before you notice that the custard will try get its from. Continue whisking until the mixture reaches the piping consistency. Set a side to cool down, just whisk once in a while so skin wont from.
For Meringue 

  1. Beat the egg whites until foamy then when add cream of tartar and vanilla.
  2. Gradually add sugar while continuously mixing the egg whites. Beat them on a medium speed with an electric hand whisk ( I used stand mixer) until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in the stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.

    3. Once the meringue is ready, transfer it to a piping bag with a large star tip         or Wilton 1M. Using a circular motion, upward motion pipe the meringue             into the cups overflowing by about 1 inch on the top, leaving a gap on the         middle of custard filling. I used baking cups that will able to hold the                 meringue.

 

          The meringue will rise during baking but once its out of the oven, it will             shrink that is the reason why you need to pipe it about an
          inch overflowing.


     4. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for 5-7 minutes, or until the top                     becomes brown. Cool for a bit then pipe the filling into the center. Sprinkle         some powdered sugar on top.




        Enjoy =) 

                  
     

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook