Easy Homemade Ube Macapuno Ice Cream (No Churn)

Ube Macapuno Ice Cream


These homemade ice cream is so easy to make (No Churn) 
but taste like a decadent and silky smooth as any ice cream. 

Summer is finally here in Australia, and eating ice cream would be the one of my favourite during summer. 

I'm obsessed of making my own ice cream at home, my freezer is stocked with different flavour combination. Both dairy and non dairy ice cream. 

Once you try a no churn ice cream you'll never think of a store bought ice cream. Homemade is cheaper, and taste even better. And you can make batches with different flavours without a fancy equipment.

I tried this recipe before but I found it too sweet for my taste buds. The second time is just perfect. I got some tips for you.

1. This time I didn't use a store bought ube halaya. I made my own so I am able to control the sweetness. I bought the fresh frozen purple yam at the Asian Store. 
2. I rinsed the macapuno (coconut sport) and drained it well. I used the bottled macapuno and they are packed with sugar syrup.
3. Dont forget to use ube extract it will not only make the color vibrant but it will also deepened the flavour.
4. Chilled Heavy Cream is the key of no churn Ice cream.
5. I also like to put my mixing bowl and whisk attachment in the fridge few hours before I make my ice cream.


Here is the recipe for you to try.

Ingredients:
2 cups of heavy cream (chilled over night)
1 can of condensed milk (chilled over night)
1 1/4 ube halaya 
1 tablespoon ube extract
1 cup of macapuno (coconut sport, washed and drained well)

Procedure: 
  1. The night before you are going to make your ice cream. Put the heavy cream and condensed milk in the fridge to chilled overnight.
  2. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer whisk the heavy cream until soft peak. 
  3. In a separate bowl combine the condensed milk and ube halaya. Mix until well combined. 
  4. Combine the heavy cream and the condensed milk and ube mixture and whipped for 2 minutes. Add the ube extract whipped for 1 minute or until well distributed. Add more depending how vibrant the colour you want to achieve. 
  5. Fold in your Macapuno strips until well distributed. Transfer the mixture to a lidded container.  Freeze for atleast 6 hours or overnight. Serve Frozen.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook