Ube Cheesecake

Ube Cheesecake


Christmas is finally over, but I hope you still have the true spirit of Christmas all year round.

Today, I just seating in the lounge starring at nowhere. Its my rest day after a hectic Holiday. Gatherings after gatherings. Its always nice to see family and friends, hearing their stories and laugh like there's no tomorrow. 

Yesterday, was my birthday! I was wanting to share my ube cheesecake yesterday, but I was out all day. I went for a boxing day shopping. Not really shopping spree, I spend most of the time queuing up in the cashier. The shops were so crowded, I got a Nike shoes for only $60 and I think it was a good bargain. An hour worth of waiting. 

How was your Christmas been? I hope you are able to unbox a Christmas present you really like.


So lets get back to the ube cheesecake. Purple is my favourite, and ube is our favourite Christmas treat. When I was a kid ube halaya is always the star in our christmas dinner. So I decided that once in my life I would make myself an Ube Cake. 


The cheesecake is really good. The texture is smooth, and even if you think you dont like ube, you wont mind with these one. 

Here is the recipe for you to try:

Ingredients:

For the base
1 1/2 cup crushed biscuit (you can use digestive biscuits, I used graham cracker because I have it in                                                my pantry)
1 tbsp sugar
80 grams melted butter

For the Cheesecake
500 grams Cream Cheese (room temperature)
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup of ube halaya
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon ube flavouring
3/4 cup sour cream
3 eggs

Whipping Cream Frosting

1/2 cup of heavy cream (chilled overnight)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoon of sugar

Procedure:

  • Preheat the oven to 145 C - 150 C. Grease then line with a parchment paper (base) of 22 cm round spring form pan.
  • Process the biscuit until resembles fine bread crumbs. Add melted butter, process until well combined. Press mixture all over the base of the pan. I used the back of the spoon to flattened. Put in the fridge while you are making the cheesecake mixture.
  • Beat the the cream cheese using stand mixer or a hand held mix until smooth. Scrape down the side if needed. Add the sugar, ube halaya, and sour cream beat until well combined.  Beat in the vanilla extract and ube flavouring (you can add more ube flavouring depending on the colour you want to achieved) . At this time I like to taste the mixture if the sweetness suits my taste buds, you can add more sugar if you like. 
  • Add the eggs one at a time until just combined.
  • Pour the cheesecake mixture in the prepare pan.
  • Bake in a bain-marie technique for about 1 hour and 20 minutes in 145 C - 150 C.
  • Do not open the oven  during the cooking time or the cheesecake will crack and sink.
  • Turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake inside with the door slightly ajar of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
  • Place the cheesecake in the counter top  until completely cooled down before putting in the fridge.
  • After minimum of 4 hours ( preferably overnight) carefully removed the cheesecake from the spring form pan and take off the baking paper. 
  • Using the chilled bowl and beater beat the heavy cream until frothy. Add the sugar and vanilla gradually while beating. Whipped until light and thick enough for piping consistency. 
  • Decorate the cheesecake, I use open star tip. 
  • Enjoy

Notes: 
I used my home made ube halaya, You can replace it with a store bought ube halaya, it is just too sweet for me. 
I also sieve the ube halaya for more smoother texture. 
I wrap my spring form pan with aluminum foil in three layers so water wont get inside.
I also take out the water bath after an hour but I leave the cheesecake inside the oven for another 30 minutes with the door still slightly open.








Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook