Flourless Rocky Road Cookies

Flourless Rocky Road Cookies





I got egg whites sitting in our fridge. It was the leftover when I made a leche flan for our Christmas Party. Today, I was thinking of just chucking it out in the bin. But I am feeling guilty of doing it. I dont like wasting food. At first I was thinking of trying out a pavlova but since I am alone I am not able to finish it all. So I was thinking of something that I am able to freeze and eat it for the next couple of months. 

I am thinking of something that is different from the usual cookie that I make. I also wanted the cookie that is gooey and with lots of treats inside. So I was thinking of putting some marshmallow and some dairy free chocolate chips that I got. 

Then I found a flourless rocky road cookies online from Fifteen Spatulas. I try to recreate it based on my own preference.

Since the orginal recipe of these uses powdered sugar. I am trying to make it more healthier and less sugar as much as possible.

Powdered sugar is hard to replace but I found this recipe and I had been using these and I feel this is more healthier that the store bought powdered sugar.

1 cup coconut sugar
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder

Place the coconut sugar and arrowroot powder in a dry food processor. Place the lid. Pulse it, it may take few minutes to powder the sugar. You can stop and start the machine if you needed to. But dont open the lid or you will have a powdered sugar floating in the air. Keep blending the sugar until its all powdered and light brown in colour. Keep the lid for few minutes until the sugar settles in the bottom. Transfer it in a lidded container store in the pantry until your ready to use.

These will be the main ingredients of the flourless cookie.

The cookie is completely gooey chocolate goodness. The marshmallow on top are crispy and golden brown on the edges and gooey in the middle.

Just like if you roasted them on fire.




Here is the recipe for you to try:


Ingredients:
3 cups of powdered sugar ( I used my unrefined coconut powdered sugar, recipe above)
2/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3 extra large egg whites 
1/2 tbsp. almond extract or 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips 
80 grams of sliced almonds
1 cup marshmallows

Procedure.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line two large baking sheets with a parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the salt. Add the egg whites and almond extract (vanilla extract) whisk until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and sliced almonds until well combined. Put in the fridge for 20 minutes.

3. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough in the prepared baking sheets. Topped each cookie with four or five  marshmallows. ( I bake them in batches while the other cookie is in the oven I let the other half of the dough sit in the fridge while waiting for the first batch to be baked. )

4. Baked for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallow browned. Let in the cookie sit in the baking sheet for few minutes to set before transferring to the wire rack to completely cool down. 

Enjoy! 





Try my other Cookie Recipe:

Ube Cookies
Cranberry, White Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Cookies
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Mini Baked Cheesecake


Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook