Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies 


Have you ever imagine that you can actually made cookie without a flour? I haven't thought that before I thought every baked goods has to have a flour as main ingredient. I have tried baking without sugar, or substitute it with some organic sugar that will make your body break it down more easier. But a cookie without a flour? That's a bit weird. 

My gluten intolerance lead me to think behind the traditional way of baking. 
On the first week after I was diagnosed it was really a roller coaster I felt like I am not able to eat anything, and felt like depriving myself from good treats, but I was so wrong.  There's a lot of food the world has to offer all you have to do is think out of the traditional cooking. 

The original recipe I got from Sally’s Baking addiction. The original recipe calls for an egg, I dont eat egg. So I replace it with flaxseed meal. To do that I use 1 Tablespoon of flaxmeal seed and 2 1/2 Tablespoon of water. Combine them together and let it sit for 5 minutes untill thickened.  And to make it more healthier I also used maple syrup instead of brown sugar. 

I am excited to share this cookie with you today. My boyfriend didnt even notice the difference from a store bought cookie. 

Here is the recipe.
Recipe inspired by Sallys baking addction
Ingredients:
58 grams of rolled oats (To make this gluten free make sure oatmeal is gluten free. Read the packaging) 
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 flaxseed meal egg ( 1 large egg if not vegan) 
1 cup peanut butter
4 1/2 tablespoon Maple syrup ( 6 tablespoon brown sugar) 
1/2 cup dried cranberries ( you can use chocolate chips)

Procedure:
1. In a medium bowl, toss rolled oats, cinnamon, and baking soda together. Set it aside. In a medium 
    bowl, beat eggs. (Or just pour the flaxmeal egg substitute)  Mix the peanut butter and maple syrup    with a rubber spatula until  well combined. 
    Pour in the dry ingredients and slowly mix until well combine. You might need to use some arm      muscle depending on how thick the peanut butter is. Fold in the dried cranberries or chocolate chips.
2. Chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with a parchment paper. Scoop the dough, 
    about 1.5 tablespoon in the prepepared baking sheets. Bake two batches, 7 cookies on each baking 
    sheets. Gently press the dough with a back of the spoon to slightly flatten. 
    Baked the cookie for 9-10 minutes, it will looked soft and underbaked but thats ok. For more 
    Crispier cookie baked up to 11-12 minutes. Let it cool down for 10 minutes in the baking sheet
     before transferring to wire rack to cool down completely.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook