Peanut Butter and Dried fruit energy ball

Peanut Butter and Dried Fruit Energy Ball



When I decide to eat more healthy foods, I was having hard time to figure out what to eat for snacks. I usually have chocolates, a baked goods and a softdrinks. Sugar is life! I thought that I always needs sugar to keep me going as my work is physically demanding. I work on my feet all day. But I feel like that I get sick more often and most of the time I woke up tired after 8 hours of sleep. I figured out that I have to change my diet. The first thing I do, is stay away from chocolates that are packed with sugar,softdrinks, and some other junk foods. I also try to bake my own dessert more healthier than a store bought.

One day when I was walking in a shop I came across with an energy ball selling in health food shops. They are quite expensive for a bite size treat. So I wonder what it is made of. As usual I always look up online if they is a recipe posted of energy ball. After few minutes of searching I finally found a recipe that I wanted to try. 

And I say this one is worth it. I love this energy ball, they are easy to make, Peanut buttery, Salty-sweet, Fruity, and super healthy. 

Its a perfect on the go snack. I personally bring 2 energy balls at work everyday.

Here is the recipe for you to try:

Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup salted creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup gluten free rolled oats
2 1/2 TBSP flaxseed meal
2 TBSP chia seed
1/4 cup dried cranberries I used less sugar ( or any dried fruit you want)

Procedure.

1. In a large bowl combine, peanut butter, maple syrup, oats, flaxseed meal, chia seed, dried fruit. Mix until well combine. If its too dry add more peanut butter or maple syrup, if it is too wet add more rolled oats or flaxseed meal.
2. Put in the fridge for 5 minutes, then scoop out 1 1/2 Tbsp and roll like a ball. The dough will yield 13-14 ball.
3. Enjoy immediately, or store the leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or freezer for a month or so. 




Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook