Mango Cake

Mango Cake


Happy New Year, Friends!

Time really flies so fast another year is already started. Meaning a new chapter in our life. It gives us another chance for us to get it right. 

Last year my ultimate goal was for me to learn cooking. Would you believe if I tell you I don't know how to cook since I migrated here in Australia. That was 5 years ago I migrated here in Australia to study. I have to live by myself,  do everything for myself and same time I have to work for my own tuition fee. 

I found myself eating a lot of take away, aside from I am eating rubbish foods, I also spend a lot of my hard earn money. That is how I discover my passion for cooking. I enrolled myself to some short cooking and baking courses, watched like millions of you tube tutorials. I wasted a lot of ingredients when I am able to cooked and baked a good meals. 

One of my goal for these year is to be able to share to people who are eager to learn to cook and bake trough this blogging site. I know there are a lot of recipe in internet but some of it doesn't really work, and you don't want to waste your hard earn money. 

Let me share with you some of the recipe that I personally tried. From a fast food/take away junkie to homemade fanatic. 


Today, I want to share with you my version of a mango cake. I was seeing a lot of food on my facebook newsfeed over the holiday, and feel the urge of I wanted to make all of them. By the time 2018 is finished I might double my size. 

Its a mango season here in Australia, but I am missing that sweet Philippine mangoes. I tried to find some in Asian store but I forgotten its not a mango season in Philippines. So I tried to use locally available mangoes. And I was lucky to find the ones that I like. 

The cake is divine said by my friend. I went to see her and give her a slice. She said that the cake is fluffy, soft and light. She said its just the same taste and texture with a store bought cake.



Here is the recipe for you to try:

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup of cake flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup caster sugar
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup mango juice
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar

Whipped Cream Frosting
250 ml heavy cream (chilled over night)
1/4 cup sugar

Procedure:

  1. Preheat oven to 150 C.  Prepare a 7 inch pan, ungreased. Line parchment paper on the base.
  2. Combine all dry ingredients ( Cake flour, Baking powder, salt) and set aside.
  3. Beat egg yolk with sugar until pale, then add oil and mango juice. Mix until well combined.
  4. Add the dry ingredients, mix well and set aside.
  5. To make the meringue, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until mixture forms soft peaks. Gradually add sugar, beating high speed until stiff peaks.
  6. Gently fold the beaten egg whites foam into the egg yolk batter in 3 batches until fully combined.  Do not over mix.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan a few times on the counter top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter.
  8. Baked in the preheated oven at 150 C for 45- 50 minutes or until cooked. (When Lightly pressed the cake will spring back.
  9. Immediately upon removing the cake from the pan, turn upside down in the cooling rack to cool down completely.
  10. To remove the cake from the pan, run a thin bladed knife around the side of the pan. 
  11. Pour the chilled heavy cream in a stand mixer bowl, using a wire whisk attachment, whisk the cream until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and continue whisking until stiff peaks. 
  12. Decorate your cake. I used fresh mango to make a rosette effect in the middle.
  13. To do mango rosette: Slice the mango in half off the pit. Using a spoon remove the fruit from the peel in one piece. Remove the ends, and slice the mango into a very thin pieces. Roll the first piece tightly and place it on the center of the cake. Wrap the second piece around the center piece. Making sure this petal covers the seams of the first petal. As you work your way outward, cut the mango slice at an angle, so the outer petal of a rose had some dimensions. 

Try my other Recipe:

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook