Tofu Sisig

Tofu Sisig
  

One of my favourite dish way back when I was still in Philippines is sisig. I remember the days when me and my friend would meet up for a sisig while others are meeting up over coffee. I can recall that this dish used to be my comfort food, whether I'm happy or sad. 

Sisig is a Filipino food from pig's head and liver, seasoned with calamansi and chilli pepers.

As I grow a little bit older, I am a bit conscious of my calorie intake. So I thought the original sisig recipe is a little bit unhealthy. (Just in my own point of view.) 

Since today is my last day of holiday, I might cook something nice. 

I got the idea from my friend / my sisig mate. She already own a restaurant and they served vegan sisig. She send me a photo, but she didn't share the recipe. I understand its for business purposes. 

The tofu sisig is so easy to make.
More healthier than the original version plus ingredients is not pricey.

Every time I see this photo it really makes me hungry. 

Did you feel the same way?

So here is the recipe. 

Ingredients:

oil for frying
500g tofu, sliced into small cubes
1 brown onion, chopped
3 gloves of garlic, chopped
1 piece birds eye chilli (siling labuyo)
2 pieces long green chilli
3-4 Tbsp mayonaise
2 pieces calamansi
salt and pepper to taste



Procedure:

  1. Begin by getting a shallow pan, and filling with cooking oil. Preheat the oil in a high heat, when small bubbles appear, start frying the tofu until brown and crispy.
  2. In a separate frying pan, saute the onion and garlic, add the tofu and chilli. Mix well.
  3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Or you can use pork cubes.
  4. Turn off the heat, add the mayonaise. Mix well.
  5. Serve with calamansi or egg (optional). Enjoy.





Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook