Brown Sugar No Bake Banana Cheesecake

Brown Sugar No Bake Banana Cheesecake
Creamy No bake Cheesecake with a twist of banana flavour 
with a hint of cinnamon.


As much as I adore baked cheesecake, I also have a big heart for no bake cheesecake. Not only because you skip the long baking time but you also get the smooth and creamy texture.

Today, we just came back from a hike. Aside from baking hiking is one of the activity that makes me really happy. I feel like I am closer to heaven when I am on the top of the mountain.  We went to conquer Mount Kosciuszko, It is the highest mountain here in Australia. It is 7310 ft. above sea level. it took as around it took as 7 hours walk to reach the summit. Take a look at the views for you to see why mountain climbing makes me really happy.

Random photo along the way to the summit.

The peak of Mount Kosciuszko. Look at  how amazing the view is.

We when back home late in the night. Its Five hours drive away from where I live. I am not able to sleep because I was able to fall asleep in car. After few hours of forcing myself to sleep but my brain is working. I was dreaming about food. So I ended up in the kitchen making a no bake cheesecake. I dont really have a concrete plan of what I am making ill just grab whatever ingredients I can see in my pantry. 



I used Graham biscuits for the crust by the way its a honey flavoured graham. I read once before that honey flavoured graham doesnt make a good cheesecake crust. As per my taste bud its ok. I didnt add sugar in it. 

To achieve the smooth texture make sure the cream cheese is at  room temperature. 

The filling is so simple, yet so good. It only needs five ingredients. A perfect combination of banana and a hint of cinnamon.


Here is the Recipe. 

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
7 ounces finely ground graham crackers or Digestive biscuits
5 tablespoon unsalted butter, Melted

For the filling:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup heavy cream, chilled
1 to 2 bananas, thinly sliced.
toasted nuts for garnish, coarsely chopped

Procedure:

  1. Make the crust: Lightly grease and like the base of a 9 inch tart pan. In a food processor, process graham crackers until a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and combine together using a fork. Pour the crust mixture in the prepared tart pan, making sure its evenly distributed (bottom and sides) and press firmly to create a thick crust. Put in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
  2. Make the filling: In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer or a stand mixer with paddle attachment, whisk cream cheese and brown sugar together, Add the vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. mix until well combined. Scraping down the sides if needed. In a separate bowl whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks. Fold about a third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Then gently fold the remaining whipped cream.
  3. To assemble:Take out the prepare crust, arrange the sliced bananas in the bottom of the chilled crust.  Spread the filling evenly on top of the bananas in the crust. Top with toasted nuts. Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
  4. Enjoy!

Try my other Recipe:

Comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook